Thursday, March 13, 2008

birthday

We've been travelling to the "Community of Potters", formerly known at the Batwa (known as Pygmies to Americans)villages over the past few days and the results have been amazing. Both of us have reached deep into our past and called upon hidden talents that have not been used for decades. In this video, Patricia dances a traditional Batwa dance with the women elders of the village. They wanted her to spend the night, but we had other villages to visit and do needs assessments for health. It was an amazing learning experience that allowed us to gather information needed for a grant we are helping to write with our medical partners Kigali.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard it was your birthday. Happy birthday.

marty schwartz

Anna B-W said...

Wow Ma!! This is the second birthday you've spent dancing in East Africa (remember Kenya?).
I looooove the little videos, gives me such a great idea what you guys are doing over there. I wish I could be there tooooo!!!!
I miss you guys a lot and am VERY proud of you both.
Love lots,
Annamelia

Liz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I've been thinking about you all day. You've given all of us a great gift in this blog. The videos are AMAZING. I thank God for you guys. For your generosity and committment to peace and justice...Thank you. You are a gift to the world.
PS I got your blog address from EZAPP. Your email did not include the blog address.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Pat! Talk about "Dancing with the Stars"!
Love, Linda

Pamela Hale said...

Patricia, Wow, what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! Who needs cake and ice cream. I am so excited for you and Karl and the work you are doing. Hannah will love seeing this. Know that we love you,miss you and hold you in our hearts. Be safe and enjoy.
Love, Pamela